Monday, April 28, 2008

Foreshadowing

'Forshadowing is the use of clues or hints to suggest events that will occur later in the plot. Why does Mr. Frank break down when he sees the glove?'
I think that the glove was a significant something that had meaning to him. I think that the glove was something a loved one (someone in his family) had worn before they were sent to concentration camps. I think he started to cry because it reminded him of the person and he missed him/her alot. I bet that the person who wore the glove will come out in the play sooner or later. I think that the glove is something Mrs Frank, Margot, or Anne wore. It could be possible that when they had to leave for the concentration camps the person left it behnd.

Theme:
I think the theme is that even though people you love dearly are gone from this world, our memories with them can last forever and they still have a place in our hearts.

1 comment:

CAROLINE THE GREAT said...

I did the same question, and my response is VERY similar to yours. I think that you thought about this somewhat a bit more than I did, though. I thought that the glove belonged to Mrs. Frank, but I didn't expand the ideas to it belonging to Margot or Anne. I agree that the person who wore the glove will come out in the play sooner or later, and maybe the play might even tell us what really happened to the glove. I don't remember much about the story of Anne Frank, and I'm excited to read the play. I can't imagine being Mr. Frank at that time. I don't think I could have carried on living, while I lost all my family members. I can not imagine it. I think that Mr. Frank was excessively brave to be able to carry on with his life. I really look up to him on this kind of courage.